Are you thinking of becoming a first-time fitness franchise owner, but wondering what it takes to succeed? Opening any new business can be nerve-wracking but we’ve listed 5 tips to help ensure you kick off your fitness franchise future successfully! Set yourself up for success as a new fitness franchise owner by considering these five tips:
1. Determine if franchise ownership is right for you. A successful fitness franchise owner shares certain qualities like the ability to follow an established business plan, responds well to feedback, is a people person who works well with others, and is focused on meeting goals. If you know you want to run a business but aren’t sure what direction to take, a franchise just might be the way to go.
2. Know what skills you bring to the table. You may think you don’t know a lot about owning a franchise, but you may know more than you think. You learned a lot in your past career that can be usefully applied in a new franchise business. Be realistic about and proud of what you have to offer.
3. Decide how much time you want to spend running your new franchise. Some franchises allow for part time participation, but many do not. You may want to own one unit of a franchise or grow a business empire with multi-unit ownership. You’ll want to invest in a franchise that suits your vision of the life you want to lead.
4. Choose a franchise brand that suits you. Find a franchise industry you can be passionate about. You also want a brand that reflects your values and allows you to fulfill your goals.
5. Learn about the support a franchisor offers. Each franchisor is different, but most offer some level of support to new franchisees, as well as ongoing support once your business is up and running. Support is one of the perks you pay for as a franchisee so make sure your ideas about the help you’ll need as a first-time franchise owner align with what the franchisor offers. KickHouse, one of the premier fitness franchises, offers unbeatable franchisee support.
If you think owning a fitness-based franchise business is right for you and are excited to learn more about how to start your own studio, we encourage you to contact KickHouse today. Fill out a contact form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly!